The South Orangetown Central School District is moving to BoardDocs, a web-based board management system that provides an easy-to-use platform for school districts to enhance communication, transparency and productivity while reducing costs associated with a paper-based system. Members of the public are able to access Board policies, agendas, minutes and meeting materials 24/7 through SOCSD’s BoardDocs portal. Agendas and presentation materials will be available on BoardDocs the day before a scheduled Board meeting.
As of July 1, 2018, meeting information and materials will be posted exclusively on BoardDocs. For details, read the June 15 web story. Board of Education meeting dates will continue to be posted on the district’s Google Calendar.
To access BoardDocs:
- Log on to www.socsd.org.
- Click on “Board of Education” and then select “BoardDocs” under Quick Links.
- Once you enter the public site, click on the Meetings tab.
- A list of meeting dates appears in a scroll pane on the left side of the page. Click on a date to choose a meeting.
- Next, click on either “View the Agenda” or “Print the Agenda” button.
- If you choose “View the Agenda,” the agenda will appear in the scroll pane on the left side of the page.
- A document icon to the right of an agenda item indicates that there is a viewable, printable document attached. To view or print the document, click on the agenda item. A new screen, with details about the agenda item and a link to the document will appear. Click on the document link to view or print.
- To access policies, simply click on the “Policies” tab.
- In the scroll pane on the left side of the page. Select a section to view policies or enter a search term at the top of the pane and click the magnifying glass to find policies pertaining to that term.