Thank you to SOCES PTA for awarding 10 grants totaling nearly $10,000 to William O. Schaefer Elementary School and Cottage Lane Elementary School teachers tonight!
This is the first time that SOCES PTA has sponsored teacher grants, but leaders say that they hope to fund an annual grants program through their much-anticipated Ladies Night Out fundraiser.
“We are really excited to support more innovation in our classrooms,” noted SOCES PTA President Tiffany Morrison. “We’re so fortunate to live in this district. We have amazing teachers and being able to help them do new, curriculum-aligned projects is wonderful.”
Congratulations to the 2019 SOCES PTA Teacher Grantees:
- Beth Apicella & Samantha Levine: Weather Station Panel (WOS)
- Liane Kolesar: Mindfulness Kits (WOS)
- Suzanne Dowd & Elizabeth Speno: Word Play supplies (CLE)
- Heidi Hill, Michelle Rossi & Patricia Eyer: Recycling Station (WOS)
- Camille Viola & Patricia McFadden: Boogie Board Writing Tablets (CLE)
- Colleen Traynor: A Classroom Pet (CLE)
- Heidi Hill: Sensory Hallway (WOS)
- Sean Jones: Chess Clocks (CLE)
- Samantha Levine: Underwater Camera for science exploration (WOS/CLE)
- Anne O’Brien: Tinker Crates and Doodle Kits (CLE)
Special thanks to all the families, community members and local businesses who support our schools by supporting our PTAs!