Extensive summer work is underway on our fields and playgrounds and in our buildings. Access to facilities may be limited as improvements and upgrades are made. Scheduled summer work includes:
Tappan Zee High School
- Replacement of main turf athletic field
- Installation of new, handicapped-accessible bleachers in the main gym
South Orangetown Middle School
- Renovation of auditorium, including new flooring, wall covering, lighting, HVAC
and audience seating
- Renovation of Challenge Lab and technology classrooms, including flooring, ceilings, casework, lighting, HVAC and equipment
Cottage Lane Elementary School
- Installation of foundations, sidewalks, covered walkway, underground power and plumbing to new modular library unit
- Electric service upgrade, new transformers and feeds
William O. Schaefer Elementary School
- Creation of exit doors from cafeteria and gym
- New stage access with wheelchair lift
- Renovation of Nurse’s Office, including new bathroom, flooring, ceilings, doors, hardware, lighting, plumbing fixtures and paint
- Renovation of children’s bathrooms and wash area, including new toilets, partitions, sinks, fixtures, doors, tile, ceilings, lighting and electric devices
In addition to these projects, asbestos abatement and classroom redesign work will be completed in numerous locations.
As always, the safety and security of staff, students and community are our district’s top priority. All construction and maintenance work is done in full compliance with regulatory standards. Work sites that require restricted access are clearly marked; please observe signage and steer clear of safety fencing.
Stay tuned to the SOCSD Facebook page for progress updates this summer!