The vendor managing the printing and mailing of our District’s absentee ballots for the annual school budget vote and Board of Education election reported that our absentee ballots were mailed on Monday, June 1. Qualified voters have begun receiving their absentee ballots with postage prepaid return envelopes today.
To provide our voters with an alternative method to return their absentee ballots, the District will provide a secure dropbox at the South Orangetown Middle School main entrance, at 160 Van Wyck Road in Blauvelt, starting tomorrow, June 4. The dropbox hours are as follows:
- Thursday, June 4: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Friday, June 5: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Monday, June 8: 8:00AM-7:00PM
- Tuesday, June 9: 8:00AM-5:00PM
To complete your absentee ballot:
- Mark “X” or “√” in the appropriate box (yes or no) for Proposition 1 – 2020-2021 School Budget.
- Mark “X” or “√” next to candidate of your choice in box provided at left of candidate’s name or you may write in a name.
- Use black or blue pen or pencil with black lead. Fold ballot in Oath envelope provided and seal envelope.
- Date and signature of the voter must appear on the reverse side of the sealed Oath envelope.
- Place the Oath envelope in the larger postage prepaid envelope addressed to the South Orangetown Central School District and seal it.
- Return by mail or deposit in the secure dropbox at South Orangetown Middle School, 160 Van Wyck Road in Blauvelt during the hours listed above.
All absentee ballots, whether they are returned by mail or dropbox, must be received by 5:00PM on Tuesday, June 9.
Questions regarding the budget vote, including absentee ballots, should be directed to District Clerk Kathy Muscari via email ([email protected]) or phone (845) 680-1012.