For the 2020-21 school year, Whitsons has launched FD MealPlanner.com, an online tool for families to view menus, review allergy and nutrition information, and to pre-order meals. All meals must be pre-ordered a week in advance this school year.
Families must pre-order meals by noon on Wednesday for the following week. No a la carte items are available at this time. All pre-ordered meals will be charged to students’ MyPaymentPlus accounts; no cash will be accepted. Please log on to MyPaymentsPlus to ensure that your child’s accounts are funded.
- To get started, go to FDmealplanner.com.
- Create an account for each child attending South Orangetown Central School District schools. For location, enter “South Orangetown.”
- View the complete User Guide (English | Spanish) and video overview to learn how to “build and order” meals.
Questions regarding the FDmealplanner.com? Contact Mary Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 680-1118.
Meals for In-Person Learners
Students who have pre-ordered meals for the week they are attending school in-person will have meals delivered to them or be able to pick up their meals from a designated location, according to their school schedule.
Meals for Remote Learners
- All pre-ordered meals for students during their remote learning week must be picked up between 9AM-noon on Mondays, from the South Orangetown Middle School Auditorium (Erie Street entrance).
- This is the only pick up period and location for remote students district-wide and all pre-ordered meals for students’ entire remote week will be distributed during this period. For example, if students pre-order lunch for Monday, Thursday and Friday of their remote week, all three meals must be picked up between 9AM-noon on Monday of the remote week.
- In the event that schools are closed on Monday due to a holiday, weekly meal pick up will be held 9AM-noon on Tuesday.
- Those picking up meals must wear a mask and practice social distancing. Pre-ordered meals for remote pick up will be frozen and require reheating.
- In cases where students are unable to access meal distribution when learning remotely, arrangements may be made on a case-by-case basis. Families in need should contact Danielle Durso at email@example.com or (845) 680-1009 for more information.
For the first week of school (September 8-11), the deadline to pre-order meals is noon on Wednesday, September 2. Due to the Labor Day holiday, all pre-ordered meals must be picked up between 9AM-12PM on Tuesday, September 8 from the SOMS Auditorium distribution site.