In-person student attendance begins tomorrow, September 14, with Group B (L-Z).
IMPORTANT SCHOOL MEAL UPDATE: The USDA has extended free school meals for all students nationwide through December 31, 2020. School meals must be ordered by noon each Wednesday for the following week, but all meals will be free for current SOCSD students through December 31. The deadline to order school meals for the week of September 21 is this Wednesday, September 16, at noon. Go to the Food Service webpage.
Daily Checklist for In-Person School Days
Before Leaving Home
1. Submit Daily Coronavirus Student Screening Form. A screening form must be submitted via the PowerSchool website every day of in-person attendance. If the answer to any of the screening questions is “Yes,” your child MUST stay home. Please email your child’s school nurse:
- Riva Fisher, RN (WOS): email@example.com
- Karen Fitzgibbons, RN (CLE): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret Keane, RN (SOMS): email@example.com
- Patricia Shalvey, RN (TZHS): firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Make sure backpack items include:
- Fully-charged mobile device for learning
- Water bottle
- Personal hand sanitizer
- An extra face mask, just in case
3. Wear sneakers if it’s a PE day. Cycle days are posted on the SOCSD Google Calendar.
4. Put on a face mask. Face masks should be put on before heading to the bus stop or exiting family vehicle at school.
Weekly Checklist for Families
- 9AM-Noon: Weekly meal pick up for remote learners from SOMS Auditorium.
- Noon: Deadline to order school meals for the following week via FDmealplanner.com/#SOCSD.
- 4PM: Parents, check your email for the Wednesday Update, which contains information from our school PTAs and TZ Red & White sports booster club.
- 4PM: Parents, check your email for the SOCSD e-News, which contains District news and announcements. If you are not receiving the weekly e-News, please alert the main office at your child’s school.