Given the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in our school community, the District is streamlining its COVID-19 notification procedures. As of today, November 16:
- The District will send notification via SchoolMessenger of a positive case only if exposure at school or during school-sponsored athletics has been identified. Notifications will not be provided in cases where the individual who has tested positive was not in school or engaged in athletics during the Department of Health-designated transmission period.
- Families, staff and community members may refer to the New York State COVID-19 Report Card for a total count of reported cases within the District’s geographic area.
- Links to the COVID-19 Report Card, District notifications to date and reporting procedures for students and staff are posted on the District’s COVID-19 Reporting webpage.
Regardless of whether students and staff are working remotely or on-site, positive cases must be reported to the District immediately.
Parents/guardians, if your child has received a positive COVID-19 test result:
- Between 8AM-8PM on days when school is in session: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekends, holidays and between 8PM-8AM on days when school is in session: Call (845) 721-6083.
Please provide the following information:
- Full name of student who has tested positive
- Student date of birth
- Student school and grade
- Date COVID-19 test was taken
- Information regarding whether the student attended school in-person and/or participated in athletics pre-season workouts, practices or games within two (2) days prior to the date that the COVID-19 test was taken.
Staff members who receive a positive COVID-19 test result must email Director of Staff Relations Joseph Lloyd, PhD. (email@example.com) and their supervisor immediately.
Thank you for your continued support.