About This Site
We Heard You!
In response to feedback from our school district community, we’ve redesigned our district website this summer—with valuable input from parents, administrators and Board members—to make it a more comprehensive, user-friendly resource.
Content has been updated and streamlined site navigation makes it easier to find the information you need–on both desktop and mobile devices.
Here’s a quick home page quick tour:
- About: This menu page is all about the big picture. Links include: Superintendent, budget, bids & RFPs, careers, district contact information, communications resources and voting information.
- Board of Education: Board member bios, district policies, meeting dates and agendas, presentations and audiocasts, and much more can be found in this section.
- Departments: Links to district departments and committees are listed here.
- Schools: Whether you’re just looking for the main number or need a link to a school site, this is the place to go.
- For Parents: This section contains links to information parents need, such as PowerSchool Portal, school hours, school health resources, forms, school staff contact information and websites…and ways to get involved.
- For Community: Whether you’d like to connect with alumni, find your school budget vote polling site, learn about career opportunities with the district or discover the various ways SOCSD communicates with our community.
- For Staff: This is an expanded quick links menu with everything from instructional resources to the District Procedures Manual, Outlook Email, SOCSD Help Desk and more.
- Calendars: Click here for the aggregated, district-wide event calendar (also displayed on the home page), individual school calendars and the district print calendar. There’s also a tip sheet on how to sync Google Calendars with your personal calendars/mobile devices, set up event and date change notifications and sign up for daily agenda emails.
- SOCSD Connection contains quick links to high-demand content: district highlights, notices & fliers, menus, PTA and special education.
- The Event Calendar displayed on the home page contains Board meetings, recesses, athletics schedules and all events posted on individual building calendars. School entries are preceded by the building acronym (WOS, CLE, SOMS & TZHS).
- The Social Media section includes links to the district’s Facebook and Youtube accounts, as well as a glimpse at the live Facebook feed.
- District department phone numbers are posted at the bottom of the home page.
- Still can’t find what you’re looking for?
- Browse the A to Z Index in the upper right corner of any site page for links to the most frequently viewed pages and resources (on mobile devices, the A to Z Index appears at the bottom of the main menu), or
- Search by clicking on the magnifying glass icon just below the A to Z Index, typing in a keyword.
- Click District Home in the upper right corner of any district web page to return to the home page! On mobile devices, simply click the district logo to return to home.
We hope that you’ll take time to explore the site. Find a link that doesn’t work? Can’t find the information you’re looking for? Complete a troubleshooting form to let us know.
The district site will continue to evolve according to district needs and user feedback. Meanwhile, we’ll begin redesigning the school sites this fall, with a focus on streamlined content and consistent navigation.
Stay tuned…and thank you for your support!