NOTE: The District is reviewing its committee structures and processes. Information on this page may no longer be accurate and is subject to change.
The Wellness Committee annually assesses and monitors the implementation of the district’s Wellness Policy and regulations, and reports annually to the Board regarding proposed changes.
First established by the Board of Education in response to the Education Department mandate under Section 204 of the Child Nutrition and Women, and Infants and Children’s Reauthorization Act of 2004, the committee developed a Wellness Policy, including goals for nutrition education, physical activity, and other school-based activities designed to promote wellness as follows:
- Provide assurance that guidelines for reimbursable school meals shall not be less restrictive than the regulations of the Child Nutrition Programs
- Establish an evaluation and monitoring plan for the policy
- Designate the appropriate personnel within each school to insure that the school meets the goals of the policy
- Director of Physical Education, Health and Athletics: Bill Pilla
- Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel Services: Karen Tesik, Ed.D.
- School Business Administrator
- Food Service Director
- TZHS School Nurse
- Teachers: At least 1 per school
- Parents*: 1 per school
- Board of Education: Steven Finn and Steven Peña
*Parent members are nominated by PTA.