Timely reporting of COVID-19 cases will continue to be an important component of our District’s ability to reduce transmission risk.
Parents/guardians should keep children home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever of 100.0 or higher, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Please note that students and staff who present with COVID-19 symptoms during the school day will be isolated and sent home within 30 minutes.
- Those presenting with symptoms will be required to mask before entering the school health office.
- Testing is recommended for people with symptoms of COVID-19 as soon as possible after symptoms begin.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for five days at home. Those with symptoms may resume attending school after the five days if:
- They are fever free without fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours and their symptoms are improving; and,
- They wear a mask through day 10 (day 1 is the first full day following symptom onset)
- A negative COVID test must be provided to the district before the individual returns to school or they must remain out for the five-day isolation period.
Questions? Please view the New York State Department of Health/New York State Education Department’s 2022-23 Frequently Asked Questions related to COVID-19.
Student Reporting Procedure
If your child has received a positive COVID-19 test result: parents/guardian must report by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following information when reporting:
- Full name of student who has tested positive
- Student date of birth
- Student school and grade
- Date COVID-19 test was taken
- Date of symptom onset (if experiencing symptoms)
Staff Reporting Procedure
If you have received a positive COVID-19 test result, send an email to Director of Staff Relations Joseph Lloyd, Ph.D. (email@example.com) and your supervisor immediately.