Thanks to strong community support, the 2017-18 school budget passed with 84% of the vote on May 16. The budget totaled $88,966,619, reflected a 2.67% budget-to-budget increase and remained within the tax cap with a 1.75% tax levy increase.
Voters also approved two additional propositions pertaining to the district’s capital reserve fund. Proposition #2 extended the life of the existing capital reserve fund by five years to 2026 and authorizes future funding with budget surpluses, if any, up to $15 million. Proposition #3 authorized the use of existing capital reserve funds up to $9.8 million for needed improvements to school facilities.
- 2017-18 Budget Video
- 2017-18 Proposed Budget Newsletter
- 2017-18 Public Budget Hearing Presentation (May 4, 2017)
- 2017-18 Adopted Budget Summary (Adopted April 6, 2017)
- Makeup of Major Revenues & Appropriations
- Proposition #3: Use of Capital Reserve Funds Description of Proposed Projects
- 2017-18 Budget Notice (includes tax cap and contingency budget information)
- Property Tax Report Card
- Administrative Salary Report
- Assessor’s Exemption Report
- 2017-18 Proposed Budget: Public Budget Book
- 2017-18 Budget: Frequently-Asked Questions