The Tappan Zee High School Master Scheduling Inquiry Team made its third school visit today. “Principal Schenker and the students and faculty at Westlake High School were gracious hosts for our team of 15 members,” reports Principal Dr. Jennifer Amos. “We visited classes and engaged in fruitful dialogue with the Westlake team about their academic experiences in their block schedule.”
During each visit, team members speak with the three key stakeholder groups about how their high school’s schedule impacts students’ stress level, choice and achievement; faculty instructional practices, collaboration and culture; and, facilities, food service and staffing requirements.
For more information about the TZHS Master Scheduling Inquiry Team’s work, click on the links below for previous stories:
- December 7, 2018: TZHS Master Scheduling Team Makes Second Site Visit
- November 29, 2018: TZHS Master Scheduling Team Starts Site Visits
- October 26, 2018: Dr. Pritchard’s Blog | Time as Currency
- September 28, 2018: Master Scheduling Team Plans for Site Visits
- June 1, 2018: Team Explores Alternatives to TZHS Master Schedule