Tappan Zee High School Principal Rudy Arietta shared the following updates on year-end events at the May 5 TZHS PTSA meeting, which was attended by nearly 60 parents and students:
- On May 1, TZHS launched its ongoing #TZDecisionDay2020 Instagram campaign to celebrate the post-graduation plans of its seniors. The Athletics Department has also been featuring senior spring athletes for its own #SeniorSpotlight Instagram campaign.
- The lights on Tappan Zee High School’s Joseph J. Hickey Memorial Field are shining every night at 8:20PM (20:20 military time) for 20 minutes in honor of the Class of 2020.
- Plans are underway to create a virtual Senior Awards Ceremony.
- TZHS PTSA is in the process of purchasing a huge banner congratulating the Class of 2020 which will be displayed on the exterior facade of the high school.
- Project Graduation began taking orders for senior lawn signs and the South Orangetown PTAs launched a community-wide “Adopt a Senior” campaign this week.
- Prom has been canceled. Advisors and administrators are looking into how funds raised by the Class of 2020 may be disbursed or reallocated.
- School administrators are exploring logistics for June graduation ceremony options to entail an in-person component that would comply with local, state and federal regulations.