Dear South Orangetown Parents and Guardians,
Last spring, we administered the SOCSD Distance Learning Survey to parents, students and staff. Data that emerged from the Distance Learning Survey, along with our experience, informed several noteworthy changes as we transitioned to hybrid learning this past fall. Today, marks the 31st day of in-person learning for WOS, CLE, and SOMS, and the 29th day for TZHS. As we continue to build momentum in the SOCSD Hybrid Learning Model, we are asking for your feedback once again about how Hybrid Learning is working for your child(ren) and family.
The SOCSD Hybrid Learning Model was designed around a few major themes:
- Consistent scheduling for assignments and classroom work
- Live, daily instruction for all students, whether participating in person or virtually
- An emphasis on social-emotional learning
- Hands-on materials and supplies for students to work on activities at home.
- Teacher support for students in learning the independent skills to be successful with hybrid learning, including executive functioning skills, self-advocacy, and self-assessment practices.
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey (English | Spanish) by Wednesday, November 11. Your participation is greatly appreciated. We will share the survey results with the community in the coming months.