Sent out via SchoolMessenger on November 15, 2020
Our District has been notified that two individuals received positive COVID-19 test results yesterday:
- An individual at Tappan Zee High School received a positive result yesterday for a test administered on Thursday. Since TZHS was fully remote on Tuesday, there were no school-related exposures.
- An individual at South Orangetown Middle School tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. This person reported that symptoms began on Thursday. Therefore, contact tracing is underway for those who may have been exposed to this person at SOMS last Tuesday. Those identified as contacts of the person who tested positive will be contacted by the District and/or a Contact Tracer from the Department of Health tonight or tomorrow.
For Department of Health contact tracing calls:
- The caller ID may read “NYS Contact Tracing” or display a phone number with a 518 area code.
- Please promptly answer these calls.
- Your identity and the information you share will remain confidential.
- Please provide Contact Tracers with the information they need to protect our entire School District community.
Per the notification sent last Thursday, SOMS and TZHS are operating on a 100% remote-learning basis through Thanksgiving Recess.