SOCSD is making it easier for families with remote learners to order school breakfast and lunch, starting Monday, November 23.
Students who prefer to have the same menu each week can join the “standing order list” to have their food order automatically entered each week for pick up the following Monday, 9AM-12PM, from the SOMS auditorium entrance. No weekly online ordering and no special requests. Just contact Food Service Director Heidi Bishop (845-680-1119 | firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the standing order list. Once you’re on the list, please call if your family needs to skip a week or would like to be removed.
Families with students who would rather choose their breakfast and lunch menus each week may continue to place orders online via FDmealplanner.com/#SOCSD by Wednesday at noon for pick up the following Monday.
For the week of November 30, weekly pickups will proceed as usual on Monday, November 30, 9AM-12PM, from the SOMS auditorium entrance. Five breakfasts and five lunches will be provided for each student. In-school food service will be available for students, even if their families received a weekly pickup, once in-person hybrid learning resumes.
As a reminder:
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all K-12 students through June 2021
- Grab-and-go breakfast is available for all K-12 students attending school in-person
- WOS students may request breakfast through their classroom teacher
- CLE, SOMS and TZHS students may pick up grab-and-go breakfast from the cafeteria when they arrive at school
- In-person WOS and CLE students place their lunch order with their classroom teacher each morning
- In-person SOMS and TZHS students proceed through the cafeteria serving lines as usual to choose pre-packaged lunches
Those who believe they may be eligible for free or reduced-price lunch status are still encouraged to apply. Free/reduced-price status is confidential and enables students to benefit from college application fee waivers, AP exam fee reductions and take a limited number of SAT exams and subject tests for free. Applications and contact information is posted on the Food Service webpage.