The New York State Public High School Athletics Association (NYSPHSAA) and Section 1 have announced that high school high-risk winter sports may begin Monday, February 1. The season will run from February 1 through March 14.
Athletes who plan to play Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Ice Hockey or Wrestling must register immediately via Sportz Ventures. Please check back to make sure you are “approved” before you come to participate on Monday.
All high-risk teams will follow the NYSPHSAA safety protocols in the NYSPHSAA Return to Interscholastic Events guidance.
Here is some important information for Monday:
- All student athletes must wear a mask
- All student athletes must fill out the Athlete Pre-Screening Form, which is also posted on the TZ Athletics website
- All student athletes must do a temperature check before entering the facility:
- Dutchmen Arena entrance at TZHS
- Lower lot security entrance at SOMS
- Please bring your own water and mark it clearly
- Drop offs and pickups should be as close to the time as possible to allow for clearing of gyms for cleaning and to avoid having too many people in one place
No spectators will be permitted indoors for tryouts or contests, with the exception of a single senior day celebration per sport as per Section 1 rules.
Schedule for Monday, February 1
Boys Basketball APP and Grades 9-12 for JV and Varsity
3:15-5:15PM TZHS Gyms
(9th graders can try out for JV & Varsity, but if trying out for Freshmen team only, that tryout will be later in the week).
Competitive Cheerleading APP and Grade 9
3:30-5:00PM SOMS Gym
Competitive Cheerleading: Grades 10-12
5:30-7:00PM SOMS Gym
Girls Basketball: APP and Grades 9-12
5:30-7:30PM TZHS Gyms
Ice Hockey: APP and Grades 9-12
3:15-4:00PM at TZHS flag circle
(meeting & dry land workout)
Wrestling: APP and Grades 9-12
3:15-4:45 PM Wrestling Room (workouts to take place in wrestling room & Fitness Center)
If you have any questions, please reach out to Director of Physical Education, Health and Athletics Bill Pilla at [email protected].