DATES: Tuesday, June 28 – Friday, July 8 (no camp Monday, July 4)
LOCATION: South Orangetown Middle School
DROP-OFF TIME: 8:50AM
PICK-UP TIME: 12:15PM
CONTACT: Jessenia Cursio and Samantha Levine, STEAM Camp Coordinators
About Summer STEAM Camp
- Open to current South Orangetown public school students (grades K-8)
- Programs are led by SOCSD teachers
- No cost for families to participate
- Transportation may be provided for families who request busing to AND from camp every day (no pick-ups)
Camper Registration & Selection
- Before applying, please be sure that your child(ren) can commit to attending all eight (8) days of Summer STEAM Camp.
- Registration via PowerSchool will be open April 4-18.
- Summer STEAM Camp applications will be posted in students’ PowerSchool profiles under “Forms”. Families must log in to PowerSchool to complete the profile for each eligible student.
- Since Summer STEAM Camp is partially supported with Title I and Title III funds, priority is given to students eligible for free and reduced lunch and students who receive ENL services.
- A random number generator will be used to select campers from the general registration pool to fill remaining seats. If a camper is randomly selected, siblings of that camper will also be given a seat. Once all seats are filled, the same random selection process will be used to form a 20-seat waitlist
- Families will be notified of 2022 Summer STEAM Camp application status by Monday, April 25.
For more information, visit the Summer STEAM Camp webpage.