The South Orangetown Central School District PTAs partner with parents, teachers, administrators and support staff to enrich students’ school experience and encourage life-long learning, as well as advocate for sound education policy on a national, state, local, and district level. South Orangetown Council PTA is the link between the national, state and regional PTA and our PTA units; the link between the district’s Board of Education, central office administration, and our units for K-12 district-wide matters; and, the coordinating body for our three PTA units:
- South Orangetown Community Elementary Schools (SOCES) PTA
- South Orangetown Middle School (SOMS) PTA
- Tappan Zee High School (TZHS) PTSA
Please note that these are not official district sites and are not managed or monitored by South Orangetown Central School District.
Wednesday Update: June 20, 2018
On behalf of the South Orangetown PTAs, congratulations to the Class of 2018!
- School Kits for 2018-2019 are available to purchase! Avoid crowded stores, waiting on line & searching for back to school supplies this summer break, and help support SOCES PTA! One click and your child’s supplies will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom, waiting for them on the first day! This year we will be taking orders online only. Please visit: www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks/. Deadline to order: July 8. Enter school code, then select grade. WOS code: WIL442 CLE code: COT056
- Volunteers are needed for the 8th Grade Moving Up Reception on Thursday, June 21, at 8:00am at TZHS. If interested please email [email protected].
- SOMS PTA is still collecting Box Tops! Please send your tops in by Friday. There’s a Collection Box in the SOMS Main Lobby.
- Volunteers Needed for Project Graduation! Project Graduation is an all-night party at Tappan Zee High School for our graduating seniors. Willing to volunteer? Please email Jeannie Irizarry ([email protected]) and let her know which hours/activity you’d be interested in volunteering for. Shifts are flexible.
- Goodie/Gift Bag Assembly
Thursday, June 21 at TZHS Auditorium
- Food Pick-Up
Thursday, June 21, Drop-off at TZHS Kitchen
2:00-4:00pm Food pick-up from various businesses around our community
- Project Graduation
Thursday, June 21 – Friday, June 22, at SOMS/TZHS
9:30pm-5:00am The shifts are flexible for whatever works for you. Senior parents don’t work at the party, but can serve breakfast at about 4:00am.
- Goodie/Gift Bag Assembly
- Get your TZHS Alumni t-shirts! Alumni t-shirts are just $18 each (payable by cash or check made out to “TZHS PTSA Scholarship Fund”) and proceeds fund scholarships for graduating seniors. Email Elaine Duddy at [email protected] to purchase.
TZ RED & WHITE
- TZ Red & White needs board members and volunteers! Interested? Contact [email protected].