The South Orangetown Central School District PTAs partner with parents, teachers, administrators and support staff to enrich students’ school experience and encourage life-long learning, as well as advocate for sound education policy on a national, state, local, and district level. South Orangetown Council PTA is the link between the national, state and regional PTA and our PTA units; the link between the district’s Board of Education, central office administration, and our units for K-12 district-wide matters; and, the coordinating body for our three PTA units:
- South Orangetown Community Elementary Schools (SOCES) PTA
- South Orangetown Middle School (SOMS) PTA
- Tappan Zee High School (TZHS) PTSA
Please note that these are not official district sites and are not managed or monitored by South Orangetown Central School District.
Wednesday Update: January 17, 2018
Performers, craft stations and activities from various nations are needed for We the People, our district-wide multicultural celebration on March 10 at South Orangetown Middle School. Please contact Alyssa Moloney at [email protected] if you can help out!
- The SOCES PTA monthly meeting scheduled for TONIGHT has been canceled
- SOCES Gives Back January initiatives: This month, SOCES has three ways to give back to the community:
- Hi-Tor Animal Shelter – View the shelter’s wish list at www.socespta.org; ; collection bins are located in the WOS & CLE entryways
- Shoe/Sneaker Drive – We are looking for wearable shoe/sneaker donations; shoes must be bound together via rubber band or shoelaces; collection bins are located in the WOS & CLE entryways
- Earth Kids enrichment is collecting redeemable bottles/cans to benefit Hi-Tor Animal Shelter – A collection receptacle is in the entryway of WOS
- You’re invited: Family Fitness Night is January 26, 6:30-8:30pm at WOS! Admission is $5 per family. Meet a nutritionist with kid-friendly recipes and learn about healthy food choices, participate in a variety of fun fitness activities including stretching, obstacle courses, races, group volleyball, kid Zumba, yoga and many more! Parent participation is welcome! Advanced registration can be done by sending $5 in an envelope marked “Family Fitness Night.” Please be sure to include family name & number of children attending. Healthy snack and water donations needed. If you are able to donate, please email Jessica Budway at [email protected].
- Regional PTA Meeting on January 31: Members of NYS PTA are invited to attend our region’s winter conference on January 31, 6:00pm at Monroe-Woodbury Middle School. $10 registration includes a light dinner. Keynote speaker: Catherine Romano, NYS PTA Education Coordinator. Please email [email protected] for registration information.
- SOCES PTA is looking for 1-2 volunteers to help review our policies and procedures: The process will take 1-2 hours and is required to maintain our PTA status. Interested? Please email [email protected].
- SOCES PTA Ladies Night Out 2018 is May 17, 6:00-10:30pm at Casa Mia Manor House: Ticket pre-sales begin February 1. Stay tuned for more info! Follow our Facebook event page for the latest updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/937736806395339/?ti=icl
- The 7th Grade Winter Social is ON for Friday, January 19! If you haven’t returned your permission slip and payment yet, the deadline has been extended for ONE MORE school day. Please return permission slip and payment ($15 per student) to the main office or the registration table outside the cafeteria on Thursday, January 18. Paper forms are available in the office and can be downloaded from http://somspta.org/events/7th8th-grade-welcome-back-party/. Questions? Email [email protected].
- Bakers needed for SOMS Souper Bowl!! If you’d like to donate a baked item or case of water to be sold at the SOMS Souper Bowl on Thursday, January 25, please email [email protected].
- Interested in volunteering with SOMS PTA? Send an email to [email protected]. Don’t forget to join SOMS PTA; annual dues help support our middle school students. Online registration is available, or you can print a form and return to the SOMS Main Office. Go to www.somspta.org for registration, dates and details. Thank you for your support!
- It’s not too late to join the Tappan Zee High School PTSA! Interested in volunteering? Send an email to [email protected]. Don’t forget to join PTSA; annual dues help us support TZHS students. Online registration is available or you can print a form and return to the TZHS Main Office. For membership information, go to: http://www.tzhsptsa.org/membership/.