Office of the Superintendent
As a community, we are driven to ensure that each of our students reaches his or her full potential by adhering to the motto of the South Orangetown Central School District, “Together we can.” To this end, we are committed to:
- Promoting academic success for all students by ensuring equitable access to rigorous curriculum, aligned instructional materials, and meaningful assessments that guide instructional practice.
- Developing and retaining a team of highly-qualified staff through recruitment and professional development.
- Improving communications by building partnerships, implementing a variety of media tools, and developing meaningful family and community engagement strategies.
- Ensuring the health and welfare of our students and staff by strengthening the foundation of a district culture that is responsive to the social, emotional, and physical safety needs of every person.
- Developing the instructional support infrastructure that leverages technology, operations, and business services while being mindful of financial constraints.
It is important that all parents and community members get involved and stay involved throughout the school year. As a family or community member with children at home, you can help your student(s) by learning more about what each should know and be able to do by the end of the grade-level in which he or she is currently enrolled. This can be accomplished by asking open-ended questions about what your child learned in school that day, reviewing their homework, and attending school events to learn more about what their teachers expect.
The SOCSD team is available to address any questions you may have about our school district and/or how we may better serve our students. Our collaborative efforts and partnerships will ensure that our children grow and succeed.