Voters must register at least five days before the vote. Those registered to vote with Rockland County do not need to register separately to vote in the school election.
Residents may register in person by visiting the District Clerk’s office at 160 Van Wyck Road in Blauvelt. From September through June, hours are 8am to 4pm, on school days. During July and August, hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday
Residents may also register by mail by picking up a voter registration form from a US Post Office and mailing the completed form directly to Rockland County Board of Elections.
To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- A District resident for at least 30 days
- A U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Registered to vote in either a general or school election
District residents may contact the District Clerk via email ([email protected]) or telephone (845-680-1012) to obtain an Absentee Ballot Application. Click here to access the Absentee Ballot Application online in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Residents must complete and submit Absentee Ballot Application to the District Clerk:
- At least seven days before the election if the absentee ballot is to be mailed to the resident, OR
- The day before the election if the absentee ballot is to be picked up by the resident
- Once the application has been filed by the District Clerk, the resident will receive the absentee ballot
- Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 PM on school election day
School Budget Vote & Board of Education Election Polling Sites
District #1 – South Orangetown Middle School: Blauvelt residents
District #2 – Tappan Zee High School: Orangeburg residents
District #3 – William O. Schaefer Elementary School: Tappan residents
District #4 – Tappan Zee Education Center (formerly Tappan Zee Elementary School): Grandview, Palisades, Piermont, & Sparkill residents