Timely reporting of COVID-19 cases will continue to be a critical component of our District’s ability to reduce transmission risk.
Although families will no longer be required to complete a daily screening questionnaire, parents/guardians should keep children home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever of 100.0 or higher, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Please note that students and staff who present with COVID-19 symptoms during the school day will be isolated and sent home within 30 minutes. A negative COVID test must be provided to the district before the individual returns to school.
For information on contact tracing procedures, click here.
Student Reporting Procedure
If your child has received a positive COVID-19 test result: parents/guardian must report by:
- Sending an email to [email protected] between 8AM-8PM on days when school is in session. OR
- Calling (845) 721-6083 on weekends, holidays and between 8PM-8AM on days when school is in session.
Please provide the following information when reporting:
- Full name of student who has tested positive
- Student date of birth
- Student school and grade
- Date COVID-19 test was taken
- Date of symptom onset (if experiencing symptoms)
- Information regarding whether the student attended school in-person and/or participated in athletics pre-season workouts, practices or games within two (2) days prior to the date that the COVID-19 test was taken and/or onset of symptoms, whichever is earlier.
If your child has been directed to quarantine by the Department of Health and/or been notified that they have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, send an email to Assistant Superintendent of Pupil Personnel Services Karen Tesik, Ed.D. ([email protected]) and your child’s school nurse immediately:
- WOS: Riva Fisher, RN ([email protected])
- CLE: Karen Fitzgibbons, RN ([email protected])
- SOMS: Margaret Keane, RN ([email protected]@socsd.org)
- TZHS: Patricia Shalvey, RN ([email protected])
Students who are identified as contacts following an exposure and required to quarantine will have access to remote learning, as long as they are asymptomatic. Please allow 24 hours (on business days) from District notification of quarantine to the start of remote learning.
Staff Reporting Procedure
If you have:
- received a positive COVID-19 test result;
- been directed to quarantine by the Department of Health; and/or
- been notified that you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
send an email to Director of Staff Relations Joseph Lloyd, Ph.D. ([email protected]) and your supervisor immediately.