How SOCSD Communicates
Our District uses a variety of tools to communicate with our families, staff and community:
- SchoolMessenger: This email and robocall system is used to share important information regarding school programs, services and news.
- Parents/guardians of current students and staff are automatically subscribed at the start of each school year. Not receiving emails from your child’s school or from the District? Contact your child’s school directly.
- Community members may sign up to receive emails about District news, too! Register via the Community Communications List.
- Google Calendars: School events, holidays, Board of Education meetings and other key dates are posted on our District and school Google calendars, which are displayed on the District and building homepages. For information on how to subscribe to updates and sync calendars with mobile devices, view the Google Calendar Quick Reference.
- Web and Social Media (commenting guidelines below):
- Web: www.socsd.org
- District notices and District/community events are posted on the e-Backpack webpage.
- Facebook: @SouthOrangetownCSD | @SOCSDFEC | @TZHSCounseling
- Instagram: @SouthOrangetownCSD | @Tappan_Zee_HS | @soms_strong | @CottageLaneES | @WOSnews | @TZeeAthletics
- YouTube: SOCSD Communications | SOCSD Events | TZHS Counseling
- Twitter: @SouthOrangetown | @Tappan_Zee_HS | @SOMS_News | @CottageLaneES | @WOSnews | @TZeeAthletics
- Web: www.socsd.org
- SOCSD Update: This print newsletter is produced two to three times each year and mailed to all South Orangetown residents. View the archive on this webpage.
- School Communications Information:
On the heels of a celebratory end to the 2021-22 school year, the District’s extended leadership team kicked off 2022-23 planning today. “Our annual leadership retreat kicks off the new school year,” said Superintendent of Schools Robert Pritchard, Ed.D. “As part of: Read More: XLT Plans for 2022-23
Tappan Zee High School’s Class of 2022 celebrated its graduation on the Joseph J. Hickey Memorial Field this evening! TZHS Concert Band, under the direction of Music Department Team Leader William Hughes, kicked off the ceremony with selections from “Up,” before: Read More: Congratulations, Class of 2022!
South Orangetown Middle honored its 243 eighth-grade students at the Moving Up Ceremony this morning. The SOMS Band performed “Pomp and Circumstance,” “The Star Spangled Banner,” and “Dark Fortress Overture” under the direction of SOMS Band teacher Robert Bennett.: Read More: SOMS Honors 243 Eighth-Graders at Moving Up Ceremony
Fifth-grade students, families, and teachers gathered for the Cottage Lane Elementary School Moving Up Ceremony at Tappan Zee High School this morning. CLE Principal Karen Ramirez began the ceremony by praising students for their resiliency throughout their time at: Read More: CLE Fifth-Graders Celebrate Moving Up to SOMS!
Sent via SchoolMessenger on June 22, 2022. Determining transportation needs is a critical piece of our District’s planning process for the start of a new school year. Please make note of these important deadlines for 2022-23 student transportation: The Alternate: Read More: Upcoming Transportation Deadlines
Cottage Lane Elementary School teachers Jennifer Grennan and Colleen Traynor were nominated by community members for New York State Assemblyman Michael Lawler’s “Best in Assembly District 97 Teacher” social media poll in the weeks leading up to National Teacher: Read More: Grennan, Traynor Receive “Best Teacher” Honors
South Orangetown Central School District shares information with students, parents, educators, community members, alumni and the general public via its social media feeds. We welcome your comments, but reserve the right to remove postings/comments that:
- Violate the law or urge others to do so
- Contain profanity or vulgar language
- Violate the privacy of students, staff or community members
- Easily identify students/staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms
- Contain remarks that are slanderous, racist, homophobic, sexist or likely to offend
- Are political in nature
- Advertise products or services
The District’s social media account administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason.
Social media accounts are only monitored during regular business hours. Responses to posts made outside of business hours may be delayed.