The SOCSD Food Pantry, which launched at the Tappan Zee Educational Center in November 2020 in response to pandemic-driven need, relocated to Tappan Zee High School in November 2022 to serve as a job site for TZHS COVE students.
TZHS COVE students stock shelves, manage inventory and pack bags for monthly distribution. Bags of supplemental food assistance are delivered by volunteers to families in need on the third Thursday of each month. Families in need of assistance should email email@example.com.
- November 14, 400-6PM: Those interested in donating to or hosting a drive for the Food Pantry may drop off donated items, such as Stop & Shop gift cards and shelf-stable foods, on Monday, November 14, 4-6PM, at the TZHS main entrance, 15 Dutch Hill Road, Orangeburg.
- Starting December 2022: The Food Pantry will be open on the first Thursday of each month, 4-6PM, to collect donations. Please drop donations off inside the TZHS main entrance at 15 Dutch Hill Road, Orangeburg.
Suggested Donation Items
Stop & Shop Gift Cards
- Pasta/rice/mac n’ cheese/ramen
- Beans (bagged or canned)
- Canned fruit/vegetables
- Canned soups/meals (Spaghetti-O’s, chili, etc.)
- Cereal/oatmeal/granola/breakfast bars
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Pasta sauces (cans or plastic jars only–no glass)
- Individually-packaged snacks/applesauce