Summer 2019 Capital Projects
November 22, 2019: Read about Summer 2019 Capital Projects and Master Capital Planning in the Fall 2019 issue of SOCSD Update, the District’s community print newsletter.
September 6, 2019: Superintendent Dr. Pritchard, along with members of the Board of Education and district administrators, celebrated the official grand opening of the turf field this evening as Tappan Zee High School kicked off the start of the football season. View grand opening photos on Facebook.
September 5, 2019: Executive Director for Finance and Management Services Alicia Koster and representatives from Clark Patterson Lee presented construction updates on Summer 2019 Capital Project work. View the Clark Patterson Lee presentation.
August 28, 2019: Capital projects are nearing completion as we prepare to welcome students back to school on September 4! View slideshows of some of the work that has been done, above.
July 10, 2019: Extensive summer work is underway on our fields and playgrounds and in our buildings. Access to facilities may be limited as improvements and upgrades are made. Scheduled summer work includes:
Tappan Zee High School
- Replacement of main turf athletic field
- Installation of new, handicapped-accessible bleachers in the main gym
South Orangetown Middle School
- Renovation of auditorium, including new flooring, wall covering, lighting, HVAC
and audience seating
- Renovation of Challenge Lab and technology classrooms, including flooring, ceilings, casework, lighting, HVAC and equipment
Cottage Lane Elementary School
- Installation of foundations, sidewalks, covered walkway, underground power and plumbing to new modular library unit
- Electric service upgrade, new transformers and feeds
William O. Schaefer Elementary School
- Creation of exit doors from cafeteria and gym
- New stage access with wheelchair lift
- Renovation of childrenâ€™s bathrooms and wash area, including new toilets, partitions, sinks, fixtures, doors, tile, ceilings, lighting and electric devices
In addition to these projects, asbestos abatement and classroom redesign work will be completed in numerous locations.
As always, the safety and security of staff, students and community are our districtâ€™s top priority. All construction and maintenance work is done in full compliance with regulatory standards. Work sites that require restricted access are clearly marked; please observe signage and steer clear of safety fencing.
Stay tuned to theÂ SOCSD Facebook page (search by #Summer2019CapitalProjects) for progress updates this summer!
April 18, 2019: Summer 2019 Capital Project Work Begins
May 24, 2018: TZ Turf Field Replacement Presentation Recap
May 23, 2018: SOCSD to Host Turf Field Replacement Information Session
May 18, 2018: TZ Turf Field Replacement (Dr. Pritchard’s Blog)