In any emergency situation, it is critically important school leaders and safety personnel can respond quickly.
Student and staff safety is our first priority. SOCSD administrators, district communications channels (SchoolMessenger, website, etc.) and law enforcement personnel are the ONLY official sources of information in a school emergency.
- Parents and guardians will be alerted by SOCSD via SchoolMessenger email when their child’s school is managing an incident that has occurred.
- If parent action is needed, SchoolMessenger robocalls (to wireless and landline phones) and emails will be sent to all primary and emergency contact phone numbers on file.
- Wait for information from SOCSD rather than rush to a site.
- Only share information received through official communications channels on social media. Be aware that students and people outside our community are members of local social media groups.
- Reach out to your child’s school to access resources. It is important that students feel safe at school, especially after a crisis. Should there be a need, SOCSD will provide support services to students and/or staff.
- Rockland County Behavioral Health Response Team (BHRT) Crisis Line
(845) 517-0400 or 911
- Orangetown Police Department
- SPEAK UP Hotline
1 (866) SPEAK-UP