- SOCSD is developing a plan to return kindergarten students on a full-time basis, starting April 6. Read more.
- SOCSD updated its school calendar on February 26. View the message here.
- The following travel-related requirements remain in effect:Students and staff members who travel outside of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont are required to provide documentation of two negative tests before returning to school/work:
- COVID-19 test taken within three (3) days of departure from out-of-state destination, prior to arrival in New York; and
- COVID-19 test taken four (4) days after arrival in New York. Individuals are required to quarantine once they arrive in New York until they receive a negative test result.
- If both tests are not completed, asymptomatic individuals are subject to a mandatory 10-day quarantine. Student documentation should be submitted to their school nurse:
- Staff documentation should be submitted to Director of Staff Relations Joseph Lloyd, Ph.D., at [email protected]
- The Rockland County Department of Health released updated quarantine guidelines on February 11.
- SOCSD to expand full-time, in-person attendance to struggling students on a limited basis beginning February 22. Details here.
- The District will shift to “weather-related remote days” when inclement weather makes travel to school hazardous. Details here.
- REMINDER: Families may opt to change how their children participate in hybrid learning. For those who initially chose 100% remote participation and want to shift to hybrid participation, it may take a maximum of 30 calendar days to transition their student to in-person hybrid attendance. Parents should contact their building principal.
- View updated COVID-19 notification procedures and all District COVID-19 notifications to date on the COVID-19 Reporting webpage.
- Find resources about COVID-19 community services and resources on the COVID-19 Resources for Families webpage.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, use of school grounds and facilities by outside organizations remains suspended for the 2020-21 school year.
Please contact our schools or departments directly. Go to the Contact Us webpage for phone extensions and email addresses.
5 Things to Know: Contact Tracing + Quarantine (3/4/21)
COVID-19 Resources for Families
Hybrid Learning Guide: English | Español
Q&A: Parent Info Sessions (8/12/20)
Reopening Plan (8/14/20)
Remote Learning Plan (8/14/20)
Testing and Contact Tracing Plan (8/14/20)
2020-21 District-Wide Safety Plan
Pandemic Safety Plan (3/17/20)
Rockland County Department of Health Revised Quarantine Guidelines (2/11/21)
NYS DOH Pre-K to Gr. 12 COVID-19 Toolkit: English |Español (2/1/21)
NYSPHSAA Return to Interscholastic Athletics: Winter & Fall Sports II (1/25/21)
Rockland County Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs for Pre-K through 12th Grade (8/12/20)
NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory
NYSED Reopening Guidance (7/16/20)
NYSDOH Interim Guidance for In-Person Instruction at PreK-Grade 12 Schools (7/13/20)