- All South Orangetown schools will operate on a fully-remote basis on Monday, November 30 and Tuesday, December 1. This temporary measure will enable us to safely assess the impact of Thanksgiving Recess in terms of COVID-19 transmission and quarantine requirements before resuming in-person hybrid learning. Read more.
- Section 1 has postponed the start date for low- and moderate-risk winter sports to January 4. Read the Athletics post.
- Students and staff are required to comply with all New York State COVID-19 guidelines, including the latest travel guidance issued on November 4. View the Travel Advisory | Traveler Health Form. Staff members are required to provide documentation of negative results on both tests and/or a letter from the Department of Health in order to return to work. For general questions, call the New York State Hotline (1-888-364-3065) or log on to Ask a Question. To file a report of an individual failing to adhere to the quarantine pursuant to the travel guidelines, click here or call 1-833-789-0470.
- View updated COVID-19 notification procedures and all District COVID-19 notifications to date on the COVID-19 Reporting webpage.
- The Board of Education approved the revised school calendar on October 8. View it here.
- View the Fall Safety Drills Update here.
- Find resources about COVID-19 community services and resources on the COVID-19 Resources for Families webpage.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, use of school grounds and facilities by outside organizations remains suspended for the 2020-21 school year.
Please contact our schools or departments directly. Go to the Contact Us webpage for phone extensions and email addresses.
COVID-19 Resources for Families
Hybrid Learning Guide: English | Español
Reopening Plan (8/14/20)
Remote Learning Plan (8/14/20)
Testing and Contact Tracing Plan (8/14/20)
2020-21 District-Wide Safety Plan
Pandemic Safety Plan (3/17/20)
NYS DOH Pre-K to Gr. 12 COVID-19 Toolkit (10/1/20)
Rockland County Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs for Pre-K through 12th Grade (8/12/20)
NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory
NYSED Reopening Guidance (7/16/20)
NYSDOH Interim Guidance for In-Person Instruction at PreK-Grade 12 Schools (7/13/20)