|Buses Arrive Starting At:||Arrival Times for Walkers, Cyclists & Drop-Offs/Drivers*:||Buses Depart Starting At:||Departure Time for Walkers, Cyclists & Pick-Ups:|
*TZHS will expand parking privileges to both seniors and juniors during hybrid learning only. Parking privileges will revert to seniors only when schools return to normal operations with full student in-person attendance. All student parking is dependent on availability and not guaranteed. Additional information will be provided in the TZHS back-to-school materials.
At The Bus Stop
- Students and their families are to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines at the bus stop and at all loading/unloading sites.
On the Bus
- Bus drivers are required to wear masks and/or transparent face shields.
- Students are to wear a mask at all times on the bus. Bus drivers will provide disposable masks to students who do not have one.
- Buses will operate at reduced capacity to allow for socially-distanced seating to the fullest practical extent.
- Students are to walk to the rear of the bus and take the last available seat. Students should sit one student per seat and take the spot furthest away from the student across the aisle. Siblings may share a seat to increase capacity.
- Students may be held on buses when they arrive at school to allow for socially distanced school entry.
- Responsible bus behavior is more important now than ever:
- Always use a seat belt
- Remain in your seat at all times, especially when the bus is moving
- Keep the aisles clear
- No fighting, yelling or throwing objects
- Passenger logs will be used for contact tracing in the event that someone on the bus tests positive.
- Buses will be cleaned and disinfected twice per day, after the completion of morning and afternoon routes. Proper ventilation procedures will be implemented after disinfection and before the next route.
NOTE: Hand sanitizer will not be provided on the bus. State guidelines prohibit hand sanitizer on buses due to combustibility.
- Per NYSED regulations, SOCSD will continue to provide pupil transportation to nonpublic, parochial, private, and charter school students and/or for students whose Individualized Education Plans have placed them out of district, when those schools are meeting for in-person instruction and SOCSD is open for student instruction (in-person or remotely). The deadline to submit a request for non-public school transportation for the 2020-21 school year was April 1, 2020.