Family Engagement Center
The South Orangetown Family Engagement Center (FEC) promotes active parent involvement to support student success, from pre-K through graduation. The FEC is part of the Rockland 21C Collaborative for Children and Youth, whose mission is to ensure the optimal development of every child by building a comprehensive support system that links family, school and community.
All programs and services are offered at no cost and include:
Family & Community Events
Student Programs & Workshops
- Workshops on topics of interest, offered in partnership with our schools
- 1:1 and small group training sessions on topics requested by parents or schools to help families better access school district tools and resources
- Online classes about growth mindset, executive function and more
- Book group discussions focused on education and parenting
- Preschool and incoming kindergarten playgroups offered throughout the year for South Orangetown families
Since 2019, SOCSD has proudly partnered with Rockland 21C to offer ParentChild+, a research-based, early childhood literacy and parent support program. Designed for families who may not have access to preschool or face other challenges, ParentChild+ features twice-weekly, 30-minute home visits with a bilingual, early learning specialist over a two-year period. There is no cost to participate and ParentChild+ families receive free books and educational toys each week as part of the program. View brochure: English | Español
Recruitment for the Fall 2023 cohort will begin in January 2023. To learn more, contact Family Engagement Center Coordinator AJ Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 680-1137.
Drop-In Resource Center for Students & Families
- Get referrals to community agencies and information about college, careers and internship opportunities
- Computer access available