The South Orangetown Central School District is developing a long-range strategic plan and seeks community feedback to inform this process.
A Community Strategic Planning Survey for all SOCSD parents, staff members, community members and students in grades 6-12 was conducted between January 17 – February 28, 2017.
The results of the Community Strategic Planning Survey will help district administrators identify community priorities in the five following focus areas and determine how progress toward achieving district goals will be measured.
- Focus Area A – Promote Academic Success. All students have equitable access to rigorous curriculum, aligned instructional materials and meaningful assessments that guide instructional practice.
- Focus Area B – Develop Human Resources and Professional Capacity: Recruit, support and retain highly qualified staff.
- Focus Area C – Improve Communication and Foster Community Engagement: Effective communications through meaningful family and community engagement.
- Focus Area D Ensure the Health and Safety of our School Community: The Cornerstone of the South Orangetown Central School District is a culture based on high expectations for healthy and safe behaviors while promoting respect and good citizenship.
- Focus Area E – Develop Management Systems (controls) that Emphasize Quality Control and Continuous Improvement: Develop and align instructional support infrastructure, leveraging technology, operations and business services to build a culture of alignment and continuous improvement.
SOCSD has partnered with K12 Insight, an independent research and communications firm, to administer the survey and compile the results. K12 Insight will also provide the district with longitudinal data, allowing us to compare Winter 2017 findings with those from the school district survey administered in Spring 2014.