Take the Community Strategic Planning Survey!
Parents and community members who did not receive a survey invitation via email may participate by clicking on the appropriate link below:
Staff members who have not received a survey invitation: Please send an email to [email protected] from your SOCSD email address and an invitation will be sent right away.
Students in grades 6-12 will complete the survey during the school day.
Deadline extended: All participants have until Tuesday, February 28 to submit their feedback.
The South Orangetown Central School District is developing a long-range strategic plan and seeks community feedback to inform this process. To this end, a Community Strategic Planning Survey for all SOCSD parents, staff members, community members and students in grades 6-12 launched on Tuesday, January 17.
The Community Strategic Planning Survey will help district administrators identify community priorities in the five following focus areas and determine how progress toward achieving district goals will be measured.
- Focus Area A – Promote Academic Success. All students have equitable access to rigorous curriculum, aligned instructional materials and meaningful assessments that guide instructional practice.
- Focus Area B – Develop Human Resources and Professional Capacity: Recruit, support and retain highly qualified staff.
- Focus Area C – Improve Communication and Foster Community Engagement: Effective communications through meaningful family and community engagement.
- Focus Area D Ensure the Health and Safety of our School Community: The Cornerstone of the South Orangetown Central School District is a culture based on high expectations for healthy and safe behaviors while promoting respect and good citizenship.
- Focus Area E – Develop Management Systems (controls) that Emphasize Quality Control and Continuous Improvement: Develop and align instructional support infrastructure, leveraging technology, operations and business services to build a culture of alignment and continuous improvement.
All responses are strictly confidential. SOCSD has partnered with K12 Insight, an independent research and communications firm, to administer the survey and compile the results. K12 Insight ensures the confidentiality of all responses and gives the school district objective data upon which to act. No one in the district will know who participates or be able to connect participants to their responses. K12 Insight’s final reports will share only the overall findings. K12 Insight’s involvement will also provide the district with longitudinal data, allowing us to compare current findings with those from the school district survey administered in Spring 2014.
Questions regarding the Community Strategic Planning Survey? Contact Kathy Muscari via email or by calling (845) 680-1012.